There are currently many places offering Wi-Fi hotspots, not just at airports, cafes and hotels. However, wherever it is, Wi-Fi in public places is the same as the one you need to stay safe, secure, and protected when you use your device.
McAfee Safe Connect uses a VPN or VPN to create a secure connection.
All traffic – data, audio and video – is encrypted and goes through a secure virtual tunnel between your device and our servers. This helps keep your information private and your browsing secure. And do not worry, we do not view or connect the information you send or receive.
How to Activate McAfee Safe Connect?
- On your new computer, open a web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com.
- Mouse over My Account, and then click My Account in the list of options.
- Type your saved e-mail address and password, and then click Sign In.
- Select the computer on which you want to remove the license.
- Click Activate.
- To start the installation on your computer, click Download.
- Follow the instructions to download and install your McAfee software.
How to Use the McAfee Safe Connect on other devices
When you subscribe to McAfee Safe Connect Premium, you can use the app on up to 5 Android, iOS, and PC devices. Simply create an account on the device used to subscribe to McAfee Safe Connect premium, then install the app on another device and sign in with your account information.
Protect more devices
- Click unlimited Go on the main screen and follow the instructions to subscribe.
- Once your purchase is complete, create an account by clicking Sign In / Create Account in the menu.
- Install the application on another device.
- Log in when you open the app on the other device, or click Login / Create Account on the menu.
Removing a device
With a Premium subscription, you can use McAfee Safe Connection up to 5 devices. To use it on an additional device, you must disconnect from the application on one of your other devices.
Disconnect from a device
- Select Account in the menu.
- Tap Sign out.
McAfee Safe Connect helps keep your laptop safe when you're in a Wi-Fi public access point. This app uses a VPN to create a secure connection and protect your data from prying eyes. The application offers private browsing, bank encryption, no geographical restrictions, among others.